ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc.
c/o Mission Department
St Vincents Hospital
Toowoomba Qld 4350, Australia
Web Site: http://www.mecfsfmq.org.au/
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/mecfsfm.qld Facilitated by Rhonda McInnes
Contact numbers for Enquiries:
- Phone: (07) 4632 8173
- Fax: (07) 4632 8173
A clip from AFTER UNREST – see the full video on youtube: https://youtu.be/yKoheNZlqXg Co-directors of the National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases – NCNED explain their research into ME/CFS.NCNED is holding a screening of Unrest on the Gold Coast 11th of May at Griffith Uni – see link for details https://m.facebook.com/301252900007181/photos/a.304192213046583.1073741828.301252900007181/1257841217681673/?type=3
Posted by ME/CFS Health Page on Monday, 23 April 2018
Our organisation began in June 1991 as the Toowoomba ME/CFS Support Group, affiliated with the then ME Syndrome Society of Qld Inc.
In November 1994 it became a Sub group of the Northern Rivers ME/CFS/FM Support Assn. Inc; and in February 1998, it became registered as a separate Incorporated body, namely the ME/CFS/FM Support Association Toowoomba Inc.
We became the Queensland peak body in July 2004, and in October 2004, our name changed to ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc.
The objects of our association are as follows:
- To extend a welcome to all persons with an interest in ME/CFS/FM (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia), sufferers (diagnosed or suspected), their carers, families and friends, to join together in membership of this support association, aiming its outreach to all who seek its help, in the following ways:
- To provide friendship and support to one another.
- To disseminate information about ME/CFS/FM.
- To share experiences in management of living with the illness.
- To promote awareness and understanding of the disabling nature and potential severity of ME/CFS/FM amongst:
- members of the Medical Profession and Allied Health Professionals
- all Educators at Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels
- Politicians and Government Departments
- The Community in general
- To maintain links with other individuals, groups, medical professionals and researchers with a similar interest in ME/CFS/FM; both to support and encourage and to access current knowledge and developments in diagnosis and treatment.
- To publicise the urgent need for funding of research into the cause and treatment of ME/CFS/FM.
- To seek and raise funds to fulfil the Association’s objectives, but restricted to activities governed by health limitations.
Details of the Association:
The business of the ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc. is managed by a Committee, elected by the members, at the Annual General Meeting each November; and is dependent on Membership Subscriptions, plus donations, to remain financially viable.
The Association is a Registered Charity, Public Benevolent Institution, and endorsed Deductible Gift Recipient. Any donations to assist with operating costs are greatly appreciated. Gifts of $2 or more are Tax deductible.
Since 2004, the Association has contracted to a Service Agreement with Queensland Health, resulting in a grant which covers most routine office expenditure. However, the Agreement explicitly excludes financing of production of the Association’s Journal, the substantial cost of which must still be financed by membership subscriptions.
Membership and Fees
Membership of this association is open to all persons with an interest in ME/CFS/FM.
There is no fee for Meeting Attendance.
Membership includes provision of our bi-monthly journal, “The Queensland Communicator”
Annual Subscription … $25.00 … Membership is renewable on the anniversary of joining.
For financial members an additional $20.00 can be paid on top of the membership for monthly sets of Photocopied Articles (optional).
For non-members to receive Photocopied Articles there is a payment of $25 which includes postage.
Applying for Membership:
Click here to download Membership Application Form
The legislation governing incorporated associations requires that a signed application for membership be submitted. The date of signing should also be recorded on the form.
See below for banking details.
Joining by electronic means: having completed and signed an application form, it should be acceptable to fax it to the Association, or to send a scan of the form as an email attachment. This would be done in conjunction with payment by electronic transfer.
Payment by electronic transfer or direct deposit:
Payment for new membership, or renewal, may be made to the following account:
|Bank Account for Payments other than Pure Donations|
|Account Name||ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc.|
If making a direct deposit at a Heritage branch, the Account Number might need to be given as 9615830S21 (S21 being the account type).
The Association is experiencing difficulty with unidentified payments being made to its bank account.
In the case of a direct deposit at a Heritage branch (entries for which, on our bank statements, usually do not identify the depositor), it is essential that the Association be advised of the payment, by mail or email, so that we know who it came from and what it is for, and so that a receipt may be sent.
In the case of payment by electronic transfer, the entries for such payments on our bank statements usually identify the depositor’s account name, but there have been exceptions. It would be appreciated if the Association could be advised by email that a payment has been made.
Monthly Support Meetings
A warm welcome is extended to all interested persons. There is no fee for meeting attendance.
When … 1st Wednesday of each month (Except January) … 10.00am to 12.00pm
Where … Dr. Price Rooms, 6 Little Street Toowoomba
Monthly Programme – Details advertised over 6 local Radio Stations; and in ‘Coming Events’ in The Chronicle and Toowoomba’s Mail. (Format usually includes ‘Open Discussion and Sharing’, with ‘News Update’ and sometimes a Guest Speaker.)