ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc
PO Box 125
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Web Site: http://www.mecfsfmq.org.au/
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/mecfsfm.qld
Contact numbers for Enquiries:
• Phone: (07) 4632 8173
• Mobile: 0498 073 343
Our organisation began in June 1991 as the Toowoomba ME/CFS Support Group, affiliated with the then ME Syndrome Society of Qld Inc.
In November 1994 it became a Sub group of the Northern Rivers ME/CFS/FM Support Assn. Inc; and in February 1998, it became registered as a separate Incorporated body, namely the ME/CFS/FM Support Association Toowoomba Inc.
We became the Queensland peak body in July 2004, and in October 2004, our name changed to ME/CFS/FM Support Association Qld Inc.
The objects of our association are as follows:
- To extend a welcome to all persons with an interest in ME/CFS/FM (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia), sufferers (diagnosed or suspected), their carers, families and friends, to join together in membership of this support association, aiming its outreach to all who seek its help, in the following ways:
- To provide friendship and support to one another.
- To disseminate information about ME/CFS/FM.
- To share experiences in management of living with the illness.
- To promote awareness and understanding of the disabling nature and potential severity of ME/CFS/FM amongst:
- members of the Medical Profession and Allied Health Professionals
- all Educators at Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels
- Politicians and Government Departments
- The Community in general
- To maintain links with other individuals, groups, medical professionals and researchers with a similar interest in ME/CFS/FM; both to support and encourage and to access current knowledge and developments in diagnosis and treatment.
- To publicise the urgent need for funding of research into the cause and treatment of ME/CFS/FM.
- To seek and raise funds to fulfil the Association’s objectives, but restricted to activities governed by health limitations.
Monthly Support Meetings
A warm welcome is extended to all interested persons. There is no fee for meeting attendance.
When … 1st Wednesday of each month (Except January) … 10.00am to 12.00pm
Where … Dr. Price Rooms, 6 Little Street Toowoomba
Monthly Programme – Details advertised over 6 local Radio Stations; and in ‘Coming Events’ in The Chronicle and Toowoomba’s Mail. (Format usually includes ‘Open Discussion and Sharing’, with ‘News Update’ and sometimes a Guest Speaker.)